Building a house is fun to do, fun to do, to do, to do. Building a house is fun to do, to do, to do, to do. We have been in our home now for 7 years and have just found out that they never installed the shower correctly in our master bathroom.
On Valentine's Day my daughter, Brooke, comes upstairs and asks me what I was doing in my bathroom because water was dripping from her ceiling. Uugh!! When all was said and done, I had ripped up the carpet in my bedroom because the carpet was wet, cut out one wall of the shower to see the problem, and cut away part of Brooke's ceiling. We were in a mess. I then called my hubby to tell him all about our Valentine's Day disaster. Right before I found out about the rain in my basement, I was on my way to get stuff for my hubby for Valentine's Day. He ended up with a big mess instead.
Our insurance is paying for this mess to be fixed. The total is $7,200. Wow!! I suggest that when your shower needs caulking, do it quickly. Although it wouldn't have helped that much for us since the shower was installed improperly. Gotta love building a home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! What a mess that must have been! I'm glad your insurance is covering it.
What fun you must be having! Didn't you want some more projects to do around the house anyway so that you could get your mind off all the snow you've had this year? Hopefully the sun is shining now and spring is in the air so that you can at least have something so smile about.
Post a Comment