Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm Sick of the Snow

It's getting down right depressing always looking at the white stuff. My back is hurting from shoveling the snow. Worse than that, I swear half the snow in the driveway is probably the same snow I've already shoveled. The wind is blowing terribly and it moves the snow back into the driveway. Uugh! Everybody keeps hoping this will end soon, but it doesn't seem to. Just when we get our hopes up (we actually enjoyed three days in the 40's), it dumps snow all over again. Help!! We're getting buried.

The kids were quite pleased this morning though with the appearance of the white stuff. School was delayed for two hours this morning. There was a school down in the Alpine district that had the kids overnight because the buses couldn't get out of the parking lot. I guess the parents couldn't get there either because the roads were closed. I don't think I could have let my kids stay at school all night in those conditions. I would have freaked out if those were my kids. I probably would have packed up all their snow clothes and walked to the school on foot to get them.

We are escaping to St. George for the weekend and it's suppose to be 61 degrees on Sunday. We are very excited to feel such temperatures again.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I know what you mean!!! The sky isn't even blue here; its always overcast and snowing. Yesterday was the first sunny day in probably a month and it hurt my eyes to look outside because I'm so used to the gray! Today it's right back to the gray skies though. Ugh! I hope you guys have fun in St. George! It'll be so nice to enjoy some warmer weather!

Karlene said...

Hey Girlfriend, how in the heck did you get a blog set up without me knowing it. I happened to find your blog by linking it from Laura's list.
Isn't it fun. You know if you want warmer weather a trip to Georgia will always do you good. Love you more than boiled peanuts. Karlene